Velashape 3 is the best non-surgical, no-downtime solution to treating problem areas including the arms, back, saddlebags, thighs, bottom, waist, abdomen, flanks and knees. Velashape 3 treatment provides a toning and firming of the skin surface, temporary improvement to the appearance of cellulite and a temporary reduction to the circumference of treated areas. In addition, by increasing local blood circulation it can provide relief from minor aches and muscle spasms.
Velashape 3 is the third generation of the Velashapedevices which has been developed to provide even better results for patients. Unlike other clinics, we will assess your individual needs at your initial consultation and develop a unique treatment plan to give you the very best results. This can include using Velashape in conjunction with other body contouring treatments such as Cooltech, Carboxy therapy Aqualyx to tackle stubborn areas of fatty deposits, therefore providing an all in one body contouring treatment.
The system is safe, effective and FDA approved, combining Infra-red (IR) optical energy, Bipolar Radio frequency (RF), Vacuum Suction with mechanical manipulation technologies. The IR and RF technologies work together to provide dermal and sub-dermal heating. The vacuum and mechanical manipulations improve blood circulation, enhance lymphatic drainage and increase the metabolic rate of the adipose tissue.
The Science Behind VelaShape
Synergistic use of energies:
- Infrared Light (IR) heats the tissue up to 3mm in depth
- Bi-Polar Radio Frequency (RF) heats tissue up to 15mm in depth
- Vacuum ensures precise delivery of energy
The combination of Infrared Light and Vacuum coupled with Bi-Polar Radio Frequency causes deep heating of the fat cells (adipocytes), their surrounding connective fibrous septae and the underlying dermal collagen fibers. Efficient heating of the adipocytes is achieved by higher output of the radio frequency. The optimal design of the electrodes and the application of vacuum allows for deeper and faster heat penetration. In turn, this promotes an increase in circulation, lymphatic drainage, cellular metabolism and collagen depositing. Furthermore, it stimulates fibroblast activity and remodels the extracellular matrix bringing skin firmness and a resulting lift effect.
Before your Velashape Treatment
- Shaving – shave the area to be treated the day before as hair may hinder the smooth movement of the applicator and overheat the treatment area (do not wax).
- Exfoliation -exfoliate the skin 48hrs before the treatment.
- Perfumes/Lotions – do not apply to the treatment area.
- Tanning beds/tanning lotions/creams – do not use 2 weeks prior to or throughout the course of treatments.
- Drugs – Avoid anticoagulants such as Aspirin throughout the treatment, as anticoagulants increase the possibility of bruising.
- Heat – During the treatment you will feel suction and heat to the treatment area. The indication that the treatment is working is the point at which you can tolerate no further heat, known as the “end point.”
After your Velashape 3 Treatment
After the treatment your skin may be slightly pink and you will feel heat in the treatment area for approximately 10-30 minutes